Friday, February 24, 2012

Avoid to Write the Schema Name in a Function Call in SQL 2005

Avoid Writing the Schema Name in a Function Call in SQL 2005

Hi, everybody, already I try to certificate my code in Oracle PL/SQL to T-SQL to SQL Server 2005, but I have a little trouble, When I Translate the code with SQL Migration Assistant for Oracle (SSMA), this tool, put the schema name before the function name, that is a good practice, but I can avoid to do that, because, The company have a lot of calls in hard-code, and when I execute the call without the schema name, SQL2005 send me a error message, like say, “is not recognize as built-in function name”.

Somebody knows what I can do to do that?

Thanks

KC:

If the function is a scalar function you must precede the function name with the schema; it is a requirement for the way Transact SQL Works.

No comments:

Post a Comment