Saturday, February 25, 2012

AW exception?

Does anyone know what the message " Exception of type
Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.aw was thrown." means? I
searched the Knowledge base and couldn't find anything. I kept getting this
error when I try and view the report I am working on in Visual Studio.Net.
I made some changes to the report and now I get this error and can't view
the report to see if the report works.
Any help appreciated,
Nancy LThis sounds like SP1 is not installed and your report has a parameter where
the default or valid value explicitly reference a field that is not in the
dataset returned by the query at runtime.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Nancy Lytle" <lytlenj@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:uxqrYf52EHA.524@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Does anyone know what the message " Exception of type
> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.aw was thrown." means? I
> searched the Knowledge base and couldn't find anything. I kept getting
this
> error when I try and view the report I am working on in Visual Studio.Net.
> I made some changes to the report and now I get this error and can't view
> the report to see if the report works.
> Any help appreciated,
> Nancy L
>|||I got the exact same issue and it turned out to be an issue with the default values in a Report Parameter. Modified the default values and the error went away
From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_2004_12_0_0_453709/AW-exception.ht
Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
http://www.developmentnow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment